1. Give children an easy-to-read version of the Bible when they enter or graduate from Sunday school. Check out the New International Readers Version (NIrV), which is designed for a third-grade reading level. Suggest that the family use this version for family devotions.
2. Give a set of God’s Big Story cards as a baptism gift to families in your church. These cards, available from Faith Alive (FaithAliveResources.org), are a fun way for families to connect with God and each other.
3. Consider implementing a church-wide home devotions program during special times like Advent, Lent, and Easter.
4. Schedule an adult education class on family faith nurture so people can gather new ideas for family devotions and share what works for them.
5. Include a note about this blog in your church newsletter. If they search for “family devotions” in the search box, they’ll find lots of great devotional series and resources to use at home.